- What can my creative services hours be used for? You have a certain number of creative services hours depending on your website solution. These hours are for you to make changes to your website over the year.
- How do I use my creative services hours? Please call us at 1 855 332-7483 (8am-5pm) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How much time will my website changes take? All change requests are different. Time will vary depending on the complexity of the change.
- Can I carry over my unused creative services support hours to the following term of my purchase? No. Creative services support hours may only be used during the current term.
- I already have a registered domain name. Can I use it for my new website?
Yes. However, since transferring a domain name can sometimes be complex, we will ask you to choose an alternate domain name that we will only use if we are not able to transfer it.
- What if the domain name I want is not available?
If the domain name you wish to register is not available, your website Account Agent will help you find another suitable domain name.
- I already have a registered domain name. Do I have to transfer it to you?
It is your choice. If you have already paid for it for a few years or have a complex email set-up that you would rather not disrupt you can keep it and we will provide you with all the information you need to get your new website appear under your existing domain name. We have an experienced team that has done this for many clients in the past and know how to do it. To make the process even easier, we can work directly with your website team.
- What if I want to have more than one domain name?
You can have more than one domain name. Additional ones can be redirected to your new website. Contact your Media Account Consultant as there are fees for additional domain names.
- What is a domain name?
A domain name (or URL) is a website's address. For example, www.mybusiness.ca
- If I transfer my domain name, how will my emails be affected?
Your email addresses remain the same; however, their repository will change. It is important that you back up existing emails prior to the official domain name transfer. Once your domain has been transferred you will lose all your old emails and need to reconfigure email clients like Outlook, etc. (we can assist you with that).
- How do I create a domain name for my website?
A domain name is included in your Yellow Pages Website Solution.
We will complete its registration during the initial consultation with your website account agent.
- I would like to transfer my domain name to you, but I don’t know who my provider is. How can I find that information? You can find your domain name provider by doing a search on the Web. Go to www.who.is and enter your domain name in the box. This will bring up the registrar’s name and your domain name status.
- Can I transfer over any domain name?
There are a few basic rules we must adhere to in order to transfer your domain name and manage it for you. For legal reasons, the domain name must be registered in your name and we need your explicit permission to proceed. The domain must be active and registered for at least 60 days. It also has to be unlocked, but we can help you with that. We are able to transfer most top level domain names, but there are certain restrictions on some extensions such as www.forexample.bc.ca or www.anotherexample.on.ca.
If we are unable to transfer the domain name you have submitted, our team will work with you to find an alternate solution.
- Domain name transfers seem super complicated. Can you help me?
Gladly! With your explicit permission and the right information, in most cases we can accomplish a good portion of the transfer steps for you. Our team will explain what is required from you at the time of your interview or review.
- How do I set up my new email addresses?
During the initial consultation with your website Account Agent, you are asked for the email addresses you would like to create. Find more details on how to configure your email account here.
- Can a new email address be created after the initial consultation?
Yes. You may request new email addresses to be created at any time as long as you have not used your allotted quantity. Simply contact our website team at 1-855-332-7483 or by email at email@example.com.
- I received a notification that my email service is changing. Do I have anything to do? We recommend that you backup your emails, calendar information, contacts and any files that may be stored in Webmail, or in your email application to ensure that everything is the same after the move. Your email history, password, contacts and settings are expected to be accessible after the change, but it is preferable to be prepared in case a glitch happens. Making an archive of your email history, signatures, contacts and calendars takes a couple of minutes in your email application and will give you piece of mind!
- What are some of the risks associated to the move? The most common risks in cases where emails are migrated from one server to another are loss of signatures, settings, and file configuration. There can also be a loss of email history in some rare cases. You may also experience a little bit of delay sending and receiving emails during the transition, but emails should not be lost.
- What should I do if there is a technical issue with my website or email? If you experience a technical issue, please call our support team at 1-855-332-7483.
Website building process
- Will I need to be involved while my website is being created? Yes. Since you know your business best, your input is necessary and extremely valuable, in particular at the interview phase and during the review process. It is important to note that your website only starts being built after your interview.
We will ask you questions to help our copywriters better understand your business as well as a few questions related to the look and feel of your website to help direct our website designers: design, colours, etc. Please begin to start thinking about providing your logo, photos, or any videos and texts describing your business (brochures, etc.); you will be sent a link where you can upload your content.
Once your website is ready, it is time for you to review it! You will be sent a link via email; it shouldn't take you more than a few moments to review your site. If you are unavailable to review your site, your site may be pushed live by the go live date in your contract. But don't worry, you can still make changes after your site goes live.
- How is content created for my website? Our copywriters will create all the texts, SEO and calls to action for your site, based on the content you have provided. The more content you can provide the better the results will be.
If you don´t have images or pictures, we will include stock photos on your website.
Please keep in mind that you must have the online rights for images or pictures you provide to us.
If you have also purchased one of our video options, our video production team will contact you to schedule time for your video shoot or gather photos for a montage.
- I purchased a bilingual website. Will my content process be different? No, the content process is not different. Once your website is built and has been approved we take care of the translation.
- What happens if I want more pages added to my website? If you have not yet used the maximum number of pages included in your current website solution, you may contact our website team at any time to make the change. To reach the website team, please contact directly by phone 1 855 332-7483 (8am-5pm) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your current website solution has already reached its maximum content, please contact your Yellow Pages Media Account Consultant to consider other website options that may better suit your needs.
- What if I´m not able to provide my input or feedback during the period you request it in? We understand that you run a business and may not always be available. We will try 3 times to contact you, leaving a message if you are not available. You can also reach us directly by phone at 1 855 332-7483 (8am-5pm) or by email at email@example.com at a time that is convenient for you. Remember, your participation is vital to the building of your new website.
Please note: If we have completed an initial consultation with you we will publish your website with the content available at the publish date in your contract. You can call us at any time to make changes or additions by phone at 1 855 332-7483 (8am-5pm) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is the service level agreement for hosting? We guarantee your website will be available 99% of the time and provide 24/7 technical support at 1 888-603-6863.
- What does my Website Solution include? A fully functioning SEO-friendly website ready for you to start promoting! We take all the headaches out of domain registration, hosting, copywriting (for the web) and web design so you can focus on doing what you do best! You also get technical support and creative services hours you can use to update your site.
- What is the process? Warm Transfer, Interview, Review and Publish:
Warm Transfer: where you choose a domain name (www.mycompany.ca), email addresses, review your basic information and book an interview (you can do your interview right away if you choose).
Interview: we gather as much information as we can to create a unique experience for your customers. The more information and images you can provide, the quicker you get your new site!
Publish: your site is now live! Time to promote it!
- Yellow Pages Website Solutions are ‘SEO-friendly'. What does this mean? Search engines such as Google, Yahoo! and Bing have established general principles and guidelines that help them recognize the information on your site. We follow these guidelines to help optimize your website by making it easy for the search engines to crawl your content and for potential clients to find you in their searched results.
For more opportunities to enhance your website's search engine optimization, we also offer additional Search Engine Solutions. Please contact your Yellow Pages Media Account Consultation for more information on a solution that is right for you.
Websites & trademarks
- How do I know if I have the right to use third-party logos or photos on my website?
Here are some simple rules to follow:
Make sure people who are visible in the picture have given you their explicit consent to appear on your website. If you are using pictures from a professional photographer or photo shoot, ensure that you have the online rights to the photographs. The same goes for any images you have purchased online. It is important to understand the rights of use you have purchased may change depending on the context in which you use it. If you managed to receive the picture for free, you must ensure that the photos are free to use.
If you wish to show the logos of your business associates on your website, verify the terms listed in the contract you have with these companies. The contract should specify whether you have the right to use their trademark. If you do not have a contract, you probably do not have the right to use their logo. Regardless, make sure you contact the company before using their trademark on your website.