Yellow Pages Analytics
Accessing your reports
- How do I login?
- How do I register? Yellow Pages Analytics reports are kept secure and are only available to the owner of the business, approved persons from the business, and agents of Yellow Pages. Customers wishing to get access to their reports must first complete a one-time, simple registration process with a valid email address at the following URL:
Note: As an additional security precaution we will require verification by email.
- What kind of browser/computer do I need to view these reports? Yellow Pages Analytics is optimized for any computer running Internet Explorer 7 & 8, Firefox 3, Chrome and Safari. Please note: Your screen resolution should be at least 600 X 800 or higher.
- Can I view these reports on my mobile device/tablet? Yes, you can view Yellow Pages Analytics on most mobile devices; however, be aware that the interface is not currently optimized for mobile devices.
- Can I still receive notification via email? How do I opt in or opt out? When logging into your Yellow Pages Analytics account, click on your username at the top of the page. From there click on the "Edit profile" on the left hand side of the page and scroll down until you find an option to subscribe or opt in to receive monthly notifications.
Similarly, opting out can be performed the same way. Alternatively, you can opt out through the monthly email notifications, by scrolling to the bottom of the email where you will find a link to opt out.
- What reports are available? With Yellow Pages Analytics, you will be able to view performance reports for Yellow Pages 360° Solution products including placement, websites, SEM, and print products with call tracking.
- Are these reports available to everyone? Yellow Pages Analytics reports are available, at no charge, to all customers who have one or more Yellow Pages 360° Solution products.
- How often are the reports updated? With Yellow Pages Analytics, data will be reported near real-time, which could mean a difference of only hours. The benefit for you is that every time you login you'll be continually given the most up-to-date data and be able to track the return on investment of your advertising solution.
- What is Facebook Connect? Facebook Connect is another way for users to use their existing Facebook user name and password to access their Yellow Pages analytics account.
Please note: If you register using Facebook Connect, any password changes must be done through Facebook.
Organic searches data
- There is an increase in the number of clicks since you started reporting organic clicks. Are there more people visiting my Profile page? This does not reflect an increase in the number of visitors to your merchant page. It simply reflects our new ability to track and report the clicks coming from organic searches. We believe this will give you a better understanding of the value of the Yellow Pages Digital Network.
- Where can I see the number of organic clicks? Organic clicks will be reported as "Other" in the click details report.
- Why is this important to me as an advertiser? Many users start their search process for a local business on a search engine. Since YellowPages.ca ranks extremely well in the organic search results of the major search engines, you will now be able to see the traffic generated by these results and get a better sense of how we help you reach more customers.
- What are organic clicks? As opposed to paid results, organic search results are the webpage listings that most closely match the keywords entered by the user based on relevance. These results are not influenced by a paid marketing campaign (SEM). The clicks we will be reporting are the ones directing users to your Yellow Pages Profile page.
Search data from Google
- How does it impact your Yellow Pages Analytics report? This change will not impact how the products of your 360o Solution perform. However, you will see some changes in your Yellow Pages Analytics reports.
For website reports, you will eventually notice a greater drop in volumes for the top 10 traffic by keywords charts. All keyword traffic from Google will no longer be reported in these charts meaning they'll be a larger disparity between the metric totals and the top 10 traffic by keyword.
To some extent this will also affect the keyword charts reported under the Yellow Pages Digital Network report; under the Profile Page Activity report since you may receive a significant portion of visitors coming to your Profile Page directly from Google Organic searches.To some extent this will also affect the keyword charts reported under the Yellow Pages Digital Network report; under the Profile Page Activity report since you may receive a significant portion of visitors coming to your Profile Page directly from Google Organic searches.
For more information on this subject, do not hesitate to contact your Media Account Consultant.
- What does it mean for you? This is an important change as it means that the traffic by keyword from Google is no longer provided. As an advertiser, this means you will no longer be able to see what people are typing in the Google search box to find your business.
- I successfully logged in. Why can I not see my reports? You should be able to see your report if you have a 360° solution product with Yellow Pages, and you have successfully completed the one-time, simple registration process at:
Should you experience difficulty in viewing your reports, please contact your Media Account Consultant or call Client Services at 1 877 909-YELO (9356) and tell them the error message that you saw. Please note we have regular scheduled maintenance that may also affect access from time to time.
- I have registered but still can't login, how can I regain access to Yellow Page Analytics? Please make sure you are using the right URL to Login or Register.
- What should I do in the event that my screen starts to flicker and an hour glass appears? Maximize the YP Analytics window. If this does not resolve the issue, change the screen resolution to 1024×768. You can do this by:
- PC: Settings>Control Panel>Display>Settings, under screen resolution
- MAC: System Preferences>Display
- Set screen resolution to 1024 X 768
- What do I do if I get an error message? Please follow the instructions provided on the error message. If you continue to see the message, please contact your Media Account Consultant or call Client Services at 1 877 909-YELO (9356) and tell them what error message you saw. Please note we have regular scheduled maintenance that may also affect access from time to time.
- How do I change the email address associated with my account? To change your email address, go to your private profile page by clicking on your username in the top navigation bar and go to the Account Settings section.
Please note that if you are connected via Facebook, you will not be able to change your email address associated to your Yellow Pages Account unless you modify it in your Facebook account directly.
- How many characters are needed for my password?
When choosing a password, please follow these guidelines:
- Minimum of 6 characters
- Maximum of 16 characters
- Your password is cAsE sEnSiTiVe.
- You should change your password if you detect suspicious activities on your account.
- Please do not use personal information, such as your name, birthday, or social security number, as your password.
- I forgot my password. What should I do to regain my password? You may reset your password by following the steps below:
- On the Yellow Pages Advertiser Zone login page locate the "Forgot Password" link.
- Submit the email you signed up with to receive instructions on how to reset your password.
- Retrieve the instruction through your email. If necessary, check your Junk mail or Spam folder and change your settings to accept emails from email@example.com.
- How do I change my password? When logging on to your Yellow Pages Analytics account, click on your username at the top of the page. From there, click on "Edit profile" on the left hand side of the page and scroll down to "Account Settings" This is where you will be able to change your password.
Understanding your reports
- What is a unique visitor? A unique visitor represents the number of new/unduplicated visitors that see your business profile page or Yellow Pages built website.
- What are calls? Calls are the number of customer calls made using your dedicated Yellow Pages tracking number.
- What are clicks?
Clicks are the number of times a customer showed interest in your business profile by clicking on various elements of your Yellow Pages listing or website.
- What are impressions? Impressions are the number of potential times your online listing was displayed to a customer.
- How can impressions help me? Yellow Pages impressions are better than regular search results. An impression means potential buyers have seen your business details and the various ways to contact you. Find out where your listing is placed by category, keywords and locations, so that you may know your highest potential markets. To be placed higher for better results contact your Media Account Consultant or call Client Services at 1 877 909-YELO (9356).
- How can clicks help me? Yellow Pages clicks mean that you are grabbing the attention of your potential customer with interactive content that can be found on your Yellow Pages profile page or website. From social features, maps, videos, to ratings and reviews, customers are always looking for content. Find out what attracted your potential customers to your business by contacting your Media Account Consultant or call Client Services at 1 877 909-YELO (9356).
- How can call tracking help me? Your Yellow Pages call tracking number can be set-up to specifically track the call activity generated from your Yellow Pages advertising solution. With call tracking, you get to know exactly how effective your advertisement is in delivering leads by phone. Get to know important call details to help you manage your busiest times. Find out who called, when they called, and whether you were able to answer. If you have any questions please contact your Media Account Consultant or call Client Services at 1 877 909-YELO (9356).
- What are visits? Visits are the number of times customers saw your Yellow Pages business profile page or website.
- What do the visits mean to my business? Get to know what types of buyers are visiting your Yellow Pages profile page or website. Find out what they clicked on, where they are from, and most importantly how they are finding you (by keyword, search engine, YP.ca, etc.)–important details to ensure you are found where they are looking. If you have any questions please contact your Media Account Consultant or call Client Services at 1 877 909-YELO (9356).
- How can get better results from my marketing efforts? With Yellow Pages' 360° Solution, Yellow Pages Group offers a complete suite of products and services that will help your business get found by more customers. Yellow Pages 360° Solution includes websites, online marketing solutions, mobile placement and targeted print advertising. Find out how you may maximize your return on investment by contacting your Media Account Consultant who can deliver more leads for your business.